Five handy design tips for printing your perfect brochure
If you’re promoting your company on a tight budget you may not wish to spend a lot of money hiring a professional designer. Fortunately, you don’t necessarily have to be a design whiz to create professional-looking brochures for your company (though it certainly helps to have an eye for colour schemes and design layouts). Here we share with you five handy tips for producing an eye-catching brochure on a budget.
1) Don’t overcrowd the page – It may be tempting to try to cram in as much information and graphics as possible. Don’t. When it comes to design, less is definitely more. You want to make it easy for your audience to understand your offer. Use headlines and sub-headers to draw their attention to particular areas of the brochure.
2) Stick to one design theme throughout – Once you’ve decided on a style and colour scheme for your brochure, stick with it. Avoid changing around core elements of the design mid-way through, as this can appear jarring and unprofessional.
3) Use only high quality pictures and text copy – If you want your brochure to reflect positively on your company, ensure that it is of a high standard. That means using high resolution and relevant pictures where necessary, and making the text clear, concise, and accurate. It may be worth hiring a professional copywriter to create the content for you, but at the very least you should double, or even triple-check all spelling and grammar. Spelling errors make your brochure look unprofessional and could potentially cost you business.
4) Include clear calls to action – A successful business brochure prompts the reader to take some sort of action. Once you’ve convinced them of your product or service, make it explicitly clear how they can take the next step. For example: “For more information on x, call us today on…” or “to view our full range of products, pop into our shop at…”
5) Have it printed professionally – Once you’ve spent you’re time and effort painstakingly creating an attractive and effective brochure, don’t undo your hard work by executing the brochure printing with low-quality materials and equipment. By having it printed professionally you can achieve professional results that sell. Feel free to contact The London Printing Company for a no-obligation quote.